The Genealogy Do-Over Workbook & other Bargains
There are so many DNA Deals we had to add a special page for them all. I have to tell you I haven’t met a DNA test that I didn’t like and I’ve tested with every one of these companies. Take advantage of the Father’s Day Specials; for yourself, your dad, your uncle, your aunt. Tell everyone to test, because I’m always looking for cousins.
AncestryDNA (Canada) Get $20 off their DNA kits. Click HERE
Family Tree DNA (FTDNA) Save as much as 20% off their DNA kits. Click HERE
MyHeritage Save $20 off their DNA kits. Click HERE
23andMe – Get your genealogy and medical DNA information. Save $50. Click HERE
Living DNA Save $40 off their DNA kits Click HERE
Gedmatch can be a great place to collaborate with others who have been tested at other companies and gain access to more genetic tools to try to figure out how you are related to others.
It is a FREE (yes, FREE!) service provided by very intelligent and motivated genetic genealogists. Anyone with genetic genealogy test results from 23andMe, FTDNA.com (the Family Finder test), and Ancestry.com.
1. Head over to www.Gedmatch.com and click on “New User.”
Vicki’s note – freebies from Thomas MacEntee:
Vicki’s note – some free genealogy type offers from Hound on the Hunt BLOG:
Vicki’s note – article from Thomas MacEntee, with his permission to share:
Find Your Ancestors in US Census Records
A Free Downloadable e-book
– See more at: http://ftu.familytreemagazine.com/find-your-ancestors-in-us-census-records/#sthash.UGOJKrul.dpuf
(note from Vicki – a special offer posted by:)
A SPECIAL OFFER FROM OUR TRUSTED PARTNER
START YOUR 7 DAYS OF DOWNLOADS
IT’S NO JOKE!
GraphicStock is giving you 7 days to download anything you want from over 300,000 graphics, vectors, photos, backgrounds, icons, and more:
START DOWNLOADING NOW
Grab 20 graphics a day for 7 days from our massive library
Download anything you want
from any category
Keep everything you download forever – even if you cancel
downloads for 7 days
Just create a username and password, and you get access to everything in our entire library for 7 days.
This is Your Lucky Week for Genealogy!
Saint Patrick’s Day Deals and Freebies
There are so many great offers to take advantage of this week that we had to get the word out to all our fans and followers! Check the deadlines on these deals – some expire at the end of the day on March 17, 2015!
$1 FindMyPast Offer!
When I first saw this offer, I said, “There has to be a catch!” Last weekend FindMyPast offered free access to over 2 BILLION records and now they want you to try a FindMyPast World Subscription for just $1 for the first month. And get this – you can go into you account and remove the auto-renewal at ANY TIME, even during the first month! So why not take an entire month to get what you need and see if FindMyPast will work for you. Click here for more information.
Evidentia Software – Exclusive 15% Discount Coupon
Use promo code HIDEFGEN at checkout and get 15% off the list price – you pay $25.49 instead of $29.99 – via Evidentia. Click here for more information.
“Evidentia not only solves the problems facing the genealogy community, but also simplifies the process of analyzing evidence and creating proof arguments while still following the Genealogical Proof Standard (GPS).” There is also a FREE 14-day trial available! If you haven’t checked out this amazing software, you really it owe to yourself and your genealogy research to do so!
FREE Irish Genealogy Webinars
Now through Wednesday March 18th, you can view three Irish genealogy-related webinars from the library of over 200 recorded webinars at Legacy Family Tree Webinars!
• The Three Cs of Irish Research: Civil Registration, Church Records, and Census: Three of the main Irish genealogical resources of key importance to those tracing their Irish ancestors are census returns, church records, and civil registration (vital records). Although pre-1901 census records were almost completely destroyed and church records also suffered from either a lack of record keeping or destruction, much still exists. This presentation is an overview of surviving censuses and census substitutes, church records and civil registration.
• Breaking Down Your Irish Brick Wall: Irish Estate Records: Where do you turn when you can’t find your Irish ancestors in civil registration, church records or what few censuses survive? Experienced researchers dive right in to the Irish estate records. There is a surprising array of material in estate records that can be used to document the tenants who lived on the estates that covered rural Ireland. In this webinar you will learn how to identify the estate where your ancestor lived, repositories where estate records might be found, and what types of records were kept.
• Some Lesser Known Irish Resources: This webinar is an overview of some lesser known Irish resources that may provide additional information about your Irish ancestors. Some of the sources that will be discussed include school records, taxation sources and court records.
Enter the MyHeritage March Madness Giveaway
Feeling lucky? Or feeling mad that you can’t find those elusive ancestors? Here’s a solution: enter the MyHeritage March Madness Giveaway before 12:00 pm CST on Friday 20 March 2015 and you could find that pot of gold! Click here to enter.
If you’re selected as the winner (and we will draw 3 winners!), you’ll receive a 1-year Premium Plus and 1-year Data Subscription – Full ACCESS genealogy package, which includes both the PremiumPlus Family Tree account and the MyHeritage Data Plan with access to records from around the world including NewspaperArchive.com. Click here for a list of collections available at MyHeritage. Thomas MacEntee
That’s right – here is your genealogy pot of gold! Free Irish Genealogy Webinars now through Wednesday 18 March 2015 http://www.geneabloggers.com/free-irish-genealogy-webinars/%5Bsee more]3/16/15 1:06PM
SHARE THIS EMAIL
1416 W Carmen Ave #3
Chicago, IL 60640
Copyright (C) 2015 GeneaBloggers All rights reserved.